Hi there! I’m an app developer Brisbane based but with international expertise.
This is the professional portfolio site for me, Sarah Smith. Welcome!
As of Jan 1, 2021 this is no longer a consulting business.
Did you know Sarah Smith was covered in Game Informer magazine? Check our press coverage and releases for details.
Cross platform Veteran
What a lot of people don’t know about Nokia is that they have developed cross-platform technologies. That is to say, tech that works on Mac, Windows or Linux; or on different devices like iPhone and Android.
Sarah was a core-developer & team lead on graphics for Nokia’s “Qt 3D” cross-platform graphics software. She has worked on Linux powered phones, and built one as part of Norwegian software company Trolltech, before they were acquired by Nokia.
Unity, Unreal and other cross-platform game technologies make great choices for some apps. Here’s Sarah speaking about the choices at tech group Game Dev Brisbane. While other apps suit using native technologies like Swift or Objective-C on iPhone, and Java or Kotlin on Android. Sarah has worked with all these and more.
App Developer Brisbane
Sarah is a Brisbane local, entrepreneur, and an expert app developer. With Smithsoft for typical projects she utilises her cross-platform, multi-language skills to build the app from the ground up.
For larger apps as well as writing code herself, she leverages her years of team leading & project management skills. She will project manage & collaborates with a distributed team of top creatives & frequent collaborators.
For her work on the Sortal app Sarah was awarded App Developer of the Year in 2018 from Women in Digital.
The award also called out her volunteer work on diversity in hiring and mentoring women coders. Sarah has worked in a professional capacity with & codes in the following technologies:
- Swift, Objective C, C++
- Java, Kotlin
- Perl, Bash, Linux, Shell
- Google Firebase
- AWS, DynamoDB, Cognito
- Secure programming & systems
Get in touch
Media Coverage & Press Releases
How an ex-Nokia software engineer coded a mobile game from scratch in less than 6 months
Smithsoft Games announces first ever word unscrambler, monster shooter game to hit the market
New Australian Indie Games Studio, Smithsoft Games
Latest Articles & Blog Posts
Article & Post Listing
- How does my app work with my business? September 1, 2020How does my new app work with my business? Its something you need to know as a new app owner. Image credit: undraw.co How does my App Work with my Business? How do I know what I’m getting when I build an app? What are all the parts that I need to make sure it […]administrator
- How do you build an app? Pt 2. (Coding) August 31, 2020Queensland app developers, show how to code an app James Bowling, Sarah Smith, Cameron Owen and John Passfield. Picture: Annette Dew Courier Mail Oct 2014. How do you build an app? Part 2 (Code) What is involved in building an app? Who do you need to talk to you when you’re building it? Can I […]Sarah Smith
- Can I make Money from my App? August 27, 2020Image credit: undraw.co Can I make Money from my App? How do I get people to download my app? How do I get folks using my app to buy what I’m selling? What is my app is a flop? These are questions that any entrepreneur, business owner or developer should be asking themselves before they […]Sarah Smith
- How do you build an app? Pt 1. (Design) August 25, 2020Image “How to build an app” Sarah Smith coding an iOS app (c) Smithsoft 2016. How do you build an app? Pt 1. (Design) What is involved in building an app? Who do you need to talk to you when you’re building it? Can I build my own app? Can I outsource building my app […]Sarah Smith
- What kinds of apps are there? August 25, 2020Image credit: undraw.co What kinds of apps are there? When I’m using an app on my phone I don’t care what kind of app it is as long as I can do what I need. But if I want to have a mobile app built, suddenly there seems to be so many different choices to […]Sarah Smith
- How do Apps Work? August 25, 2020Image credit: undraw.co How do Mobile Apps Work? Many of us use apps every day. But we don’t often stop to think: how do mobile apps even work? In this article I’ll be digging into how apps work to connect people with things they value, and how that works for your business. I’ll talk about app […]Sarah Smith
- How to Build an App: Series Introduction August 24, 2020Image credit: undraw.co How to Build an App: Series Introduction Have you ever wondered what goes into building an app? What different kinds of apps are there? How can I get an app built? Follow this series of blog posts to find out the answers to these questions and all your other questions about building […]Sarah Smith
- Open-Source PLIST options August 15, 2020Want to edit PLIST files using Open-Source tools? Open-Source PLIST options are available for editing, especially if you’re a developer. I’ve listed a few that I’ve found over the years below, but if you find any others please let me know! Visual Studio PLIST Editor Download the Visual Studio Code programmers editor and install the […]Sarah Smith
- Why Mobile App Development in Brisbane beats going Overseas. July 31, 2020You don’t have to go to Silicon Valley to get a world-class mobile app built. Mobile App Development in Brisbane is less risky than going overseas. Business owners often go out looking for overseas development – it’s usually a costly mistake that can be avoided. A mobile app built in Brisbane will work great for […]Sarah Smith